Buhari promises to crush Boko Haram as he visits Kano

3 0

– President Muhammadu Buhari who is on two-day official visit to Kano reaffirms his commitment to end the Boko Haram insurgency

– The president states that his administration is focused on fighting corruption, insurgency and restoring the economy

– Emir Sanusi assures the president of the Emirate’s support for his administration

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, December 6, stated in Kano that the focus of his administration is to fight corruption, end insurgency, and restore the economy.

He said: “Our administration is committed to pursuing the three-point agenda: the fight against corruption, insurgency and restoring the economy.”

READ ALSO: Buhari takes major decision, signs 3 bills into law

The president said this when he paid a courtesy visit to the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

President Buhari in Kano. Photo credit: TheCable

President Buhari in Kano. Photo credit: TheCable

NAIJ.com gathers that President Buhari is on a two-day official visit to Kano state.

The president further stated that Kano was the commercial centre of northern Nigeria before the Boko Haram insurgency paralysed its economy.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app

He said: “Before the insurgency, dozens of articulated vehicles, from different states in the north trooped into Kano to buy goods.

“The activities of the insurgents have really paralysed the socio-economic activities of the state.”

He promised to restore the city’s commercial glory by crushing the insurgency.

The Emir, in his reaction, assured the president of the support of the emirate council and promised to give useful advice to the president.

READ MORE:  Even Mad Men Can't Stand The Sight Of My Butts- Didi Ekanem

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that the Nigerian Police insisted Moses Motoni, an allegedly detained Budgit staff, is alive and was not arrested by SARS operatives.

A former minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, had earlier called on the presidency to direct the inspector general of police to immediately release the detained Budgit staff. The Police Force has, however, denied reports that some officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) arrested Moses Motoni.

Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram on NAIJ.com TV

[embedded content]

Source: Naija.ng

Related Post

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *